Hello! Today was the first day back to classes. I now will be working almost full-time and taking 8 credit hours. I've had problems with being tired anyways and it makes me wonder how this semester is going to take a toll on my sleep! I went to the doctor yesterday and today I was told my blood work came back normal except a little low in the history of my iron levels. So... I have to take prenatal vitamins. I felt SO weird buying them! I looked on the label to see if it would say it was good for things other than pregnancy so I could have proof that I can be taking it and NOT pregnant. It didn't. You will just have to believe me. :) Apparently they are really good for women no matter when.
So my thought for today is happiness. It seems simple, right? But I wonder... is there ONE thing that makes you happy? Or does everyone have to have multiple good things to make them happy? One thing can bring you down; does it take more things to lift you back up? I know that if it wasn't for my family, my friends, and my religion I wouldn't be the person I am today and I wouldn't have gotten out of the deep depression I was in for many years. I've been grumpy lately (sorry) so I figure I will make a list (A-Z) of a few things that make me happy. :)
Atonement
Bubbles
Coach purses
Dancing
Eiffel Tower
Family
Gospel
Hats
Icing
Jokes
Kisses
Lollipops
Music
Nights with my girls
Orchestras
Playing sports
Quilting
Rings
Scrapbooking
Temples <3
Umbrellas
Vows
Watching movies
Xylophones??? :)
Yarn
Zoos
For me, happiness is family. That includes my close friends too. I always felt I couldn't be happy without a significant other to share life with. But as I've gotten older, I've painfully learned I have to find happiness in myself and by myself before I could ever be happy with someone else or make them happy. I know that when I get married and have my own family it will be the happiest and greatest part of my life, but for now, I have to be happy with me. It's a day-to-day battle for me but I have came extremely far!
"Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances." - 'Dove' Chocolate
The only person you can make HAPPY is yourself :)Good post sweetie!
ReplyDelete