Let's see how this goes. I always thought blogs were fun, so I thought I would try one of my own. I'm not sure there will be a topic... just whatever may be going through my head that day! Like, today...
Dating. I've never really been a big fan of it. I don't believe in going on a date with a guy unless you see at least slight potential. Then you're just wasting their money and both of your time. It's true, a date doesn't mean you're going to marry the guy, but then I don't want a guy to act like he wants to date me and not mean for it to go anywhere but one date. It's disrespectful to the guy too.
Also, since when is dating a game? Since when is it a competition of numbers? I know I'm not a number. I'm Maegan. And I'm not just another girl to add to your list. So here is Dating 101 from me. :)
1. It's not a game!
2. If you're really not expecting anything but one date, don't do even one date. That just leads her on.
3. Dinner and a movie is nice for the first date, but come on guys! Be spontaneous! Use your creativity a bit. I know it is in there somewhere. :)
4. Stop talking about the physicality of girls all the time. We want to feel pretty, but we want you to notice other qualities too. And we don't want to constantly hear how hot you think other girls are. We have bad self-esteem problems as it is.
5. On that note, slutty girls are NOT hot. If you're into hit it and quit it, then fine. You're not worth a worth-while girl anyways.
6. Here's a little secret that really isn't a secret at all... We remember everything you say or do. Yep. We really do. And we take everything to heart.
7. We don't usually think too highly of ourselves. Every girl you look at, we compare ourselves to. Every model, every magazine that says we aren't good enough, we believe them. And we're pretty sure guys don't expect anything less than what they see on tv. Reality check, REAL girls don't look like that! We normal girls are beautiful naturally and have personalities to go with it. Stop expecting Miss America!
8. On the flipside, we do understand you have been hurt too, and showing a little weakness never hurt anyone. Vent to us sometimes. We'll listen! And it will help us know where you've been and what you're afraid we will do. (We aren't all heartbreakers. Promise.)
9. For those of us who enjoy sports, don't think we don't have a girly side too. We do. And we love to show it! But don't be intimidated when we can talk baseball rules with you. One day, you'll appreciate a wife who will sit and watch the game with you. You will. Don't think you won't.
10. Watch some chick-flicks. And TAKE NOTES! We like cheesy.
11. On the note of cheesy, do these every once in a while... Hug us from behind when we don't know you came up. Kisses on the forehead are always good. Hold our hand around your guys. Open doors. Walk us to our door. When you walk behind us, touch us on the back, let us know you acknowledged we are there. (Personal favorite!)
12. Jealousy isn't always bad, it shows us you care. But don't get crazy wit it!
13. Showing off is NOT attractive. Matter of fact... it's rather annoying and a big turn off. Just doing your own thing is showing off for us enough. ("Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms came on Pandora. Hee!)
14. Music = <3 Simple.
15. We like it when you dress up. You don't have to suit up everyday, but a nice pair of jeans and a nice polo or something shows us you have a little respect for yourself.
16. Crude is funny sometimes. But remember, even for us girls who sometimes have our mind in the gutter, we don't want you to talk to us like one of your guys. Treat us like a lady!
17. If you love kids, we love you. <3
And... I'm sure there is more I can think of, but that's good for now.
Toodles! :D
"Ladies, don't worry if you're single. God is looking at you right now saying, "I'm saving this girl for someone special." ~ Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment